In this episode of the Real Fast Spanish Tips Podcast you will hear about tactics for dealing with procrastination.
Procrastination can be a silent killer. If you have ever found yourself procrastinating then this will be holding you back. It could be stopping you from achieving your goals in Spanish. It could be slowing you down. If you want to tackle the problem of getting to a conversational level in Spanish then beating procrastination is an important part of the answer.
As I often say, mindset is so important for learning a second language. In the last mindset monday podcast, I gave away my best tactic for beating procrastination and it a little unconventional. I recommended that you listen to that tip before you listen to this one. But if you are familiar with what I talked about in that episode then have a listen to this one.
You will learn that if the distractions that you can control are a bit too tempting there are a few things you can put in place to deal with your wandering attention.
In this tip you will learn:
- A strange tactic for avoiding procrastination that didn’t work.
- Another tactic to do with breaking down big tasks.
- Can you start to become self aware?
- How Tony Robbins suggest overcoming procrastination.
- How do you associate pleasure and pain?
- What I associate with recording these podcasts.
Mentioned in this episode:
– Tony Robbins top rated TED talk: “Why we do what we do” – Well worth a watch!
Quote from this podcast episode:
“Procrastination is one of the most common ways to avoid pain. But usually if you delay taking action, you only create more pain for yourself later on.
” – Anthony Robbins
Also mentioned on the episode, you can contribute to the podcast by leaving a review on iTunes here.
How do you deal with procrastination?
Podcast: Play in new window