In this episode of the Real Fast Spanish Tips Podcast I discuss the last and final D of language learning.
When you are struggling to execute, when you are trying to propel your spanish forward and not seeing results it could be that you haven’t applied the third D of language learning.
Quote from the podcast episode:
“God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.” – St. Augustine (354 – 430 AD)
In This Tip, You Will Hear About:
- How the third D could be the missing link between theory and achieving your goals in Spanish
- What can happen if you don’t apply the third D of language learning
- A simple tip for implementing the third D from a polygot friend
4 tips to implement if you are having trouble executing the third D:
- If you are having trouble with doing then take another look at definition
- If you have a good definition of what you are trying to achieve have another look at desire
- Take a look at will power theory:
- My recent post on will power and learning spanish
- Take a look at this book Kelly McGonigal – The Willpower Instinct
- Or another even better option Roy F. Baumeister – Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength
- Start forming action habits – starting doing something for your spanish everyday
My doing challenge to you is to have a look at my recent post on the English-Spanish cognates.
Find 5 words that haven’t used before and use them on another spanish student, a friend or record it into a computer. Leverage this small action to grow into bigger things.