In the second episode of the Real Fast Spanish Tips Podcast I discuss one of my most important tips for Spanish students, the second D of language learning and why it is critical for any spanish student.
How do I know this tip is so critical to learning a second language, because it’s what help me back more than anything else. And when I was able to hack it I was able to accelerate my Spanish forward.
Quote from the podcast episode:
“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale (1921 – 1989)
In This Tip, You Will Hear About:
- A language learning metaphor – another way to think about the first two D’s of language learning
- How the first D of language learning is Desire
- How to overcome the inertia of starting
- A scene from fight club and how it applies to language learning
5 tips for hacking motivation:
- Increase your negative drivers – what do you stand to miss out on?
- Increase your positive drivers – what are you going to get if you can speak spanish?
- Choose a better ‘why’ – find a better why for learning Spanish
- Find an accountability partner – see post on stickk.com
- Get some skin in the game, once you already have something on the line it get’s harder to give it up