This podcast episode is part 2 of a two part interview on language learning with Olly Richards.
If you haven’t listened to part 1 of the interview then go back and start with part 1 first.
In this second part of the interview we cover:
- What Olly used to keep himself going in Japan for 3 years when he was struggling to learn the language.
- What you can do to cultivate the same source of motivation that Olly used.
- How you don’t need a high level of your target language to have fun and experience what it’s like to have enjoyable conversations.
- Finding exchanges partners and asking the critical question—how many do you need to try before you find the right one.
- We talk about who Olly looks up to as a mentor for inspiration and motivation.
- I ask Olly if he has ever used language learning to get himself out of trouble.
- I also ask what opportunities has has had as a result of language learning.
- We talk about his blog, his podcast and his latest training course.
- I ask Olly what his life would look like without language learning in to.
- What is next for Olly? What other languages does he want to learn and where would he like to live next.
Resources Mentioned in the episode:
- I Will Teach You A Language Podcast.
What did you learn from the second part of the interview with Olly Richards for this mindset episode?